Innovations in technology govern a large part of different industries, be it healthcare, education, manufacturing, retail, or any other sector. The technology helps to revamp the traditional methods of doing work and streamlines human operations. Each smart device, gadget, or application we use stands upon a solid foundation of coding. Code is undeniably the language of today’s world. It has become indispensable for a majority of people to learn to code.
It bridges the gap between humans and computers in a way that humans can instruct various tasks to computers just by writing a few codes. Being code proficient is the safest bet for securing a good job in the future. If you are skeptical about learning to code, let us help you understand its worth.
Top reasons Why you should Learn to Code
As per the Evans Data Corporation, there were around 26.4 million software developers across the world in 2019. It is expected to grow to 28.7 million by the year 2024. At present, the U.S. is leading the pack with 4.2 million developers. Such vast numbers of software developers give rise to the question of why everyone is inclined to be a software developer? Why people are going gaga over coding?
Here are some reasons for which you should learn coding:
- Coding opens the door for a plethora of Jobs– Coding is the fundamental skill required for any job in the IT sector. Companies ranging from startups to large scale organizations are looking for those candidates who are competent in coding. Employers view coding as the basic yet, an essential skill a candidate should have. Currently, there are over 500,000 software development jobs in the U.S. job market, so you can have coding as a string to your bow for landing a related job position.
- Makes your resume stand out– Coding is a useful skill that gives you a professional edge even if you’re applying for a vacancy which is not relevant to coding. Hence, by acquiring a strong knowledge of coding, you’ll step ahead of the competition.
- Code is a lucrative career path- Since there is a high demand for software developers with such a small pool of talent to choose from, companies provide high salaries. The average salary of a software developer in the United States is $101,790, which keeps on increasing or decreasing based on years of experience. Code for beginners is like a golden goose that will only generate profits for them, so they should pursue to learn coding without any second thoughts.
- Improves your problem-solving skills- Learning to code will not only elevate your professional value, but it will also strengthen your logistics and problem-solving skills needed for most of the jobs. It will act as a good exercise for the left side of your brain that is related to analytical thinking.
- Fill the skills gap- In the U.S., there are more job openings for software developers corresponding to qualified applicants. It creates a talent-gap in the industry; wherein, companies struggle to find and retain the top talent. To address the skill shortage, some enterprises even organize training sessions for their employees. You can leverage the opportunity by enrolling in a coding bootcamp. It enables you to unlock ample no. of job options by being efficient in using the code the right way.
- Confidence booster- Having prowess in coding can help you gain more confidence to survive in the cutting-throat competition. You will feel empowered knowing that any problem which could be difficult for most people can be solved by you easily.
Benefits of becoming a Programmer
- Work from home opportunity- Programming and coding jobs are resilient to any adverse changes like in the current situation of COVID-19 restaurants are getting shut down, pilots air hostesses & other workers got laid off, but programmers could still work from home and earn good money. Coding provides job security & allows you to work remotely from the comfort of your home.
- Higher Salaries- In comparison to other jobs in the USA, you can earn higher salaries as a programmer. For instance, if someone works at a restaurant or a factory, then they are likely to get paid between $10 to $15 per hour, but if you are a programmer, then your average hourly wages can be as high as $60.58.
- Most In-Demand Profession- Software developers and programmers always remain in demand amongst US employers.As per the recent data of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment in software development will grow 22% from 2019 to 2029 at a much faster rate than other occupations. The demand for developers is so high that many foreign workers come to the US to secure good tech jobs for themselves.
- Ability to do the Next Big Thing- Tech billionaires like Bill Gates, Paul Allen, Larry Ellison, & Elon Musk, were able to make their mark worldwide solely on the basis of technical competency. The right tech skills will take you places, empower you to open your own organization, buy expensive properties, and whatnot.
What is the best way to start coding?
Now that you have perceived the benefits of coding, you must be eager to get started. However, do you know how to start? From a conventional outlook, the first step of becoming a coder is to obtain a Computer Science degree, but that’s not true. Many CS graduates today are unable to land a job in the tech industry.
Nearly 40% of developers and programmers do not have a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science, then how they managed to get a job? Simply because of their industry expertise and knowledge.
Several coders choose the non-tradition method of learning to code, which is coding bootcamps. A coding bootcamp provides the right career coaching that can prepare you for the next step of your professional journey within a period few months.
Let’s have a look at the advantages of signing up with a coding bootcamp:
- An affordable mode of learning– The average fee of coding bootcamps fall between $9,000 to $21,000 with several payment options available to candidates such as deferred payment, ISA, etc. While on the other hand, the tuition fees for Bachelors in CS range from $45,000 to $95,000 exclusive of the living cost. Thus, comparatively, a coding bootcamp is a much feasible and cost-effective mode of learning.
- Higher Probability of job placement– One of the biggest perks of joining a coding bootcamp is that it ensures you to provide job assistance. Unlike universities, the bootcamps usually assist students in landing a job after completion of their coding courses. A survey by Indeed shows, 72% of tech companies felt that bootcamp graduates are as well-prepared and likely to perform as Computer Science graduates. A recent analysis by Course Report reveals that 83% of coding grads say they got employed in the jobs requiring tech skills, which they learned at bootcamp.
- Fast and impactful training– Coding bootcamps offer a fast-paced curriculumwhich covers only important and industry-relevant topics that can help students to launch their career. Moreover, the bootcamp instructors are usually developers & coders who have many years of field experience that means students get to learn best practices from the leaders.
- Access to Networking- Networking plays a vital rolein surviving in the thriving tech industry. When you sign up with a coding bootcamp, you get a chance to meet thousands of fellow coders and programmers who can be your prospective colleagues, employers, teammates, or clients. By making the right connections, you get plenty of new opportunities.
As long as we use computers, coding will never be obsolete. The syntax of programming languages will become more understandable and easier in the upcoming years. Coding will be like any other language, such as English. Thus, learning to code will become even more popular and a necessity. Everyone should have a basic knowledge of coding. It will not only benefit you professionally but will also improve your logic, problem-solving, & interpersonal skills.
If you want to learn coding in a systematic manner, reach out to SynergisticIT. We have developed a structured skill enhancement program to upgrade the knowledge & skills of students in the latest technologies like Java, AWS, Machine Learning, Python, etc. We help beginners learn coding from scratch, as we understand that code for beginners could be an intricate concept.
Let’s help you achieve your career goals- SynergisticIT- the best programmers in the bay area, Period!